ExoMagic : The future of magic  

Go Back   ExoMagic : The future of magic > General > Lounge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
V.I.P.

Points: 9,323, Level: 64 Points: 9,323, Level: 64 Points: 9,323, Level: 64
Activity: 33.3%
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Current Trick: cup and balls {keep it clean!}
Magic Type: Hypnotist / Mentalist
Misjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase

Hi MJ!

You made a liar out of me as I said I would no longer respond to this post. LOL

Anyways Hello and welcome! You should do a intro in the INTRO section and tell us a little about yourself. You favorite pie, your best trick ever and Your worst sexual experience. You know the usual stuff...

You will get a better more personal response there.

(Maybe a mod can move it? I don't know where their great powers begin and end at. LOL)

Again, Welcome to the zoo!
-misj-
Misjief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Apprentice
Points: 1,459, Level: 21 Points: 1,459, Level: 21 Points: 1,459, Level: 21
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Magic Type: Mentalist/PSI Power/Geek/Cards
Liderc is an unknown quantity at this point

Saying "There is nothing to respond to" is nothing rubbish a'tall mate..

how can anyone create any kind of 'meaningful chat' about a 'news post'

it is all our faults for not 'Creating Discussion' albeit when we do no one actively shows 'appreciation'... it's quite the two way street

to be quite honest this could go 'Two Ways' either this could turn into the 'Theory11' and '***********' Forums with a bunch of young kids trying to suck up to the 'Celebrity Magicians' and raving about the latest and greatest "Impractical Street Routine"

or this could turn into the 'Magic Cafe" forums where it's a bunch of people who think they are better then others

personally i would rather this turn into neither and be a place where magicians can discuss magic..

Also A Professional Mentor And Lecturer ...Drop Me A Line As To Inquire
Liderc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
V.I.P.

Points: 16,269, Level: 81 Points: 16,269, Level: 81 Points: 16,269, Level: 81
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Current Trick: Ultracinese
Magic Type: Close-up/ Parlor
haroldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase

"personally i would rather this turn into neither and be a place where magicians can discuss magic.." -Liderc

Thanks for echoing my wish for this community.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #19 (permalink)
V.I.P.

Points: 9,323, Level: 64 Points: 9,323, Level: 64 Points: 9,323, Level: 64
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Current Trick: cup and balls {keep it clean!}
Magic Type: Hypnotist / Mentalist
Misjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of lightMisjief is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase

Lideric

I have never been to the other two forums... but I have heard stories. LOL

You are right, Houdini-bot is not known for his conversational skills. No doubt! But the question remains why is he the only one left. Where did the others go and why?

You know my stance on it and I maintain it.

I am just saying that if people contribute and no one responds in any shape or form what so ever don't be surprised when they stop putting in the effort. It just seems to me we are attacking the symptom rather then the problem.

Maybe we need to make a minimum level of activity to maintain an account?
Make it something silly... Once a month a single post consisting of one complete sentence. Wow. That would be rough. I do think thank yous should be REQUIRED to be given out. 3 a month or you get a razzberry and a kick in the arse.

Eoin-

OF COURSE i am right, Sheesh! *Smirk!*

Alex-

Fix it! Use that big brain of yours and FIX it. Honestly, I don't think you can do much more then stem the tide until the overall attitude changes. just my opinion.

BTW congrats!

Harold -

You and I must be on the same scary wavelength because we always logging in and typing at the same time as one another.

-misj-

Last edited by Misjief; 12-20-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Misjief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Misjief For This Useful Post:
Alex (12-20-2010)
Old 12-20-2010, 10:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Student
Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10 Points: 519, Level: 10
Last Achievements

Current Trick: 4 Coins and a Glass (Rannie Raymundo)
Magic Type: Close-Up, Street Magic
chano is an unknown quantity at this point

Focus guys, focus on one thing at a time, I know it has been hard for other members to get online and comment to other posts or do a new discussion, but we can't end 2010 without joy in our hearts that we have done somthing good for exomagic. The "competition" that was posted by Eoin on giving ideas on how to improve this site, why dont we start to one of those ideas that was brought up from that discussion and focus on it. This may take slower but as long as the pioneers and some new members that are interested to participate, we can do this.
chano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chano For This Useful Post:
Alex (12-20-2010)
Old 12-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Apprentice
Points: 2,309, Level: 29 Points: 2,309, Level: 29 Points: 2,309, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Current Trick: Classic Pass
Magic Type: Card Magic
The_Outlaw will become famous soon enoughThe_Outlaw will become famous soon enough

I am sorry to hear about Exo's problems.
I like this magic site and I would hate to see it disappear.
I will try to come around and post here more often.
Alex (12-20-2010)
Old 02-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Apprentice
Points: 1,642, Level: 23 Points: 1,642, Level: 23 Points: 1,642, Level: 23
Activity: 99.0%
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements

Current Trick: Diagonal Palm Shift/Card Splitting
Magic Type: Card Tricks and Mentalism
MofoMojo is a jewel in the roughMofoMojo is a jewel in the roughMofoMojo is a jewel in the roughMofoMojo is a jewel in the rough

Just posting to say I support Exo. I've got a few peeps here that I would call friends that have shared with me, their experiences, and even exchanged home made gaffs with. I've been gone for a long time, much longer than I thought and while I don't know where next week will take me, Exomagic is always not too far removed from my mind.

-MM
MofoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MofoMojo For This Useful Post:
Eoin Lavery (02-15-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Apprentice
Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24 Points: 1,730, Level: 24
Last Achievements

Current Trick: Bluff and Pass methods and principles.
Magic Type: Card magic currently, will expand eventually.
Demonbrn is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still around (when I was working it was hard to get on the computer), been doing what I can now that I'm a little more experieince to contribute. But at the same time, the little traffice is a good thing because we don't have people that don't care takeing away what you guys have worked for!

I'm a member on the magic cafe, and I can honestly say I've received less help from that site with all it's members! Anytime you ask for help it's "buy MY DVD" or "buy MY book" or "by MY Version!", get's a bit boreing and irritateing.

I appreciate what I've taken away from this site, and hope that I can give some back (I've posted a few more tricks and input in the level 1 area) so we'll see what happens.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Student
Points: 6,659, Level: 53 Points: 6,659, Level: 53 Points: 6,659, Level: 53
Last Achievements

PoopiePants is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really too bad this place has died down the way it has. I haven't been here for a loooong time. My old computer screwed up & I lost all my bookmarks. When I finally did get back online I got interested in other sites and Exo never found it's way back on my list. It was unintentional, & I actually feel like a jerk for forgetting about this place.

One thing people need to realize is that if no one is responding to posts, there's probably a reason for it. I'm sure everyone who didn't post has their own reason. A lot of people are just scared to post on any forum because they fear sounding stupid or worse being ridiculed/flamed. Other people might just feel they don't have anything to add to the conversation. There's also people that might just completely forget about or possibly don't even know about the "Thanks" button. There isn't a public forum out there that doesn't have users with these issues.

Now, probably the biggest reason people don't respond/thank is the actual content of the thread. Is something being said that anyone wants to respond to? Is there a reason someone would give thanks? Myself, I could care less if anyone thanks me for anything anyway, and I don't say anything that even warrants a thanks. Hell, I don't say much that even warrants a response.

There's a lot more I could say but this post is getting pretty long. I guarantee there aren't many users that would even consider reading it after seeing the length. Written tutorials have that problem too i bet. I think it's a good thing though because it will weed out a lot of people that aren't willing to put in work. Anyway I'm just babbling now...
PoopiePants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PoopiePants For This Useful Post:
Eoin Lavery (04-17-2011)
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Hexcruncher
COO

Points: 9,104, Level: 64 Points: 9,104, Level: 64 Points: 9,104, Level: 64
Last Achievements

Current Trick: Tarantula
Magic Type: Card, money, levitation, ExoMagic
Eoin Lavery is a jewel in the roughEoin Lavery is a jewel in the roughEoin Lavery is a jewel in the rough

well, i find it really disappointing that this place has for some reasong died down. I have beentalking to other owners of some popular forums and they have said that these things are going to happen, even to the most succesful of forums. I would hate to see this place die out, it is a great community forum. I would think a bit of a huge revamp for exomagic and a bit of a clean up would do some good.

Of course, not everybody has the time these days to fully commit themselves to a forum. My schedule's are all over the place right now and its difficult even to keep up with daily activities. I am going to try a lot harder to get on and be active.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Student
Points: 4,648, Level: 43 Points: 4,648, Level: 43 Points: 4,648, Level: 43
Last Achievements

Current Trick: Falling Asleep
Magic Type: Card/Close Up
mgsjack is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree theat exomagic has gon down on acitivity there is hardly any new post and there are only a few people how post frequntly i dont post that often becacse i not tat much a magichian i only know a few good tricks but i love magic and no one encurges me to learn so the only why i get boks or vidoes is from the web and i am to scared that im going to embaris myself by saing somthing stupid in a post
mgsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
V.I.P.

Points: 16,269, Level: 81 Points: 16,269, Level: 81 Points: 16,269, Level: 81
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Current Trick: Ultracinese
Magic Type: Close-up/ Parlor
haroldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of lightharoldross is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase

mgsjack-

I don't want to sound harsh are anything but I want to encourage you. As a magician or whatever you choose to do, you will always make mistakes. If the fear of mistakes stops you from trying something, your life will be miserable. Don't be afraid to make mistakes- learn from them. I've been told that Thomas Edison tried over 100 time to make a light bulb that worked.

I would hope that this forum would be a place that a person could post questions and such and that the community would respond to them is a way that one would not be embarrassed.

Last night I was getting ready to do the 'hover card' and when I got the card spinning, the thread broke. Embarrassing? Yes, to so degree, but I went on with the show.

I would encourage you to read Volume One of Tarbell's Magic Course. He believes as I do, that learning magic can build your self-esteem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haroldross For This Useful Post:
Boomstick (05-25-2011), PoopiePants (04-23-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
Student
Points: 1,172, Level: 18 Points: 1,172, Level: 18 Points: 1,172, Level: 18
Last Achievements

Current Trick: flourishes from papercut
Magic Type: Card magic, cabaret show, Kid show
OwenGraven is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I maybe new on here, but I will stick and stay as long as there are topics.

If needed I'll create them and make up a lot of stuff... just love talking magic, breathing magic, living magic... BE MAGIC

Greetings,

Owen Graven

--- Dangerous is what you say, as I roll up my sleeves. Ready to start up this fight, Ready to believe. ---
OwenGraven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OwenGraven For This Useful Post:
haroldross (04-21-2011)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Student
Points: 6,659, Level: 53 Points: 6,659, Level: 53 Points: 6,659, Level: 53
Last Achievements

PoopiePants is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
Of course, not everybody has the time these days to fully commit themselves to a forum. My schedule's are all over the place right now and its difficult even to keep up with daily activities. I am going to try a lot harder to get on and be active.
My time online is sporadic at best. I totally agree it's hard to commit a lot time to a forum. I do like to contribute when I can at least, but my input really doesn't add up to much.
PoopiePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Student
Points: 1,038, Level: 17 Points: 1,038, Level: 17 Points: 1,038, Level: 17
Last Achievements

Magic Type: Cards, mentalism
Novembre is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldross View Post
As a magician or whatever you choose to do, you will always make mistakes. If the fear of mistakes stops you from trying something, your life will be miserable. Don't be afraid to make mistakes- learn from them. I've been told that Thomas Edison tried over 100 time to make a light bulb that worked.
This is so true. The most important skill/trait you can have is to be able to make mistakes without shame and just be willing to learn from them. Every mistake you make will only build your character and teach you something more about yourself and the skill(s) you're trying to perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenGraven View Post
Well, I maybe new on here, but I will stick and stay as long as there are topics.

If needed I'll create them and make up a lot of stuff... just love talking magic, breathing magic, living magic... BE MAGIC
Absolutely! Same here. I just joined, but this seems like a great community and I'm planning on sticking around. I'd be glad to volunteer to help out with the technical/development aspects of the site and community as well. Would hate to see such a nice forum die out...

Oh well, let's do our best to keep it alive
Novembre is offline   Reply With Quote